We practice Buddhist insight meditation: simple, effective, down to earth. Come join us for weekly guided sessions and talks. Always free.
We began meeting weekly for meditation and discussion in 1998 but, like many other groups, we took a break during the pandemic.
We re-started our weekly meetings Thursday, January 5, 2023 at the usual time–> 6:00 to 7:30 PM at our home in Pālolo Valley.
We start our meetings with a short period of standing and/or gigong meditation, followed by a 30 minute guided sitting session. We then enjoy a short break, followed by a talk with time for questions or discussion.
This would be an ideal introduction to meditation for beginners and for people who you may wish to introduce to this simple-yet-profound spiritual practice.
registration now required for each meeting
Meetings take place in our home in Pālolo Valley. Due to parking and space limitations, we are now requiring folks to register and obtain a free ticket for each weekly group. We use the event management platform EventBrite for this.
Here is the EventBrite registration link — same link every week:
Attendance is limited to 20 participants. Tickets are available on a first come first serve basis.
After you sign up for a meeting on EventBrite, you will receive an email with the exact address and other details.
Before you sign for a meeting you are asked to kindly read and agree with the new guidelines for participation below.
Many thanks for your understanding and support.
New guidelines regarding group participation
Attendance is limited to 20 participants each week, so before you register, sincerely consider others: if you register because you have a slight interest and then do not attend it means someone else may not have the chance to participate.
This activity requires you to walk about five minutes from where you park
- If walking is a problem due to health issues, please email us after you receive your conformation email so we can arrange special parking for you.
- Note: walking meditation is regarded in our Buddhist tradition as the BEST method of preparing the mind and body for sitting meditation!
Cushions and chairs
- If you practice meditation at home using a cushion, please bring one with you as we have a limited supply of cushions.
- Note: there will be some chairs available.
Consideration for our landlord/ neighbor
- As you enter and leave our place, please be mindful that the owner lives very close by in the next house, so kindly keep conversations in a low tone.
Here is the EventBrite Sign Up Link Again
Enter your best email below and we'll send you our weekly support newsletter to help keep you moving forward on this journey of a lifetime. You can easily unsubscribe anytime.